Thursday, August 14, 2008

BIG NEWS!!!

I have taken a job with head start- a very good job! Good pay and my first job with full benefits! I will teach a class of approximately 15 3-4 year olds in the morning and in the afternoon I will consult/have meetings with parents and families. I am really excited to be a professional preschool teacher. I love that age of students and I am excited to use my years of experience and ideas and learn LOT more in the process!

They have agreed to work with my school schedule and each semester schedule will bring its own challenges, but I am focusing on the fact that this semester is worked out, and I'll take it one at a time.... This will delay my graduation becuase I will have fewer classes during the semester, and if I want to do student teaching in the summer, it might take longer. But I know what I am getting into, I'm making the choice, so no worries!

My other big news is that I am MOVING! I am moving, roommates with another girl in my ward, who is also a special education teacher. I also will love across the street from TRAX, get the master bedroom and walk-in closet, gym and pool, and it's within walking distance of my church. It really is an ideal situation. Come visit me any time!

I definitely have a range of emotions these days- excitement, fear, sadness, happiness. I have wondered if I am crazy to start a new school semester, job and apartment, consecutively- And that when I have a job that could help me build more savings, I decide to move! So if you are thinking, "Heather, are you CRAZY???" I don't mind! Just don't encourage thoughts of my craziness to my mom and dad..... But even though it might be a crazy week or so, I am moving ahead! I can't stop time and I have committed to all of these things, so I am choosing to focus on the opportunities instead of the "what-if?"

1 comment:

tiare said...

heather! wow! what a lot of fun adventures ahead for you. Trust me when i say that you will not regret moving forward with your decisions. i will have to come and drop in to see your new place when i get home.
congrats on EVERYTHING!