Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walking Wednesday


  • Enjoyed another early morning walk with my Mom. We talk about anything and everything. We love to look and admire yards and flowers and she is teaching me about flowers as well. Today I mastered identifying an alium. Kind of a purple puffball flower- Yay!!!!

  • Visited with several people on our walk Michelle Kelly (and admired her many strawberry plants) Sister Patberg, Brother Saunders. I like having neighbors, people that I know and seeing them out and about

  • Had breakfast with my mom-granola, yogurt and fresh strawberries from her garden. So good! And for dessert? A peach creamie :) Basically like a fudgesicle

  • Had dinner with dear friends Anne and Mandy in lieu of Anne's birthday party I missed a few weeks ago.... We ate at pistol pete's and while the service was a bit slow...... the food did not disappoint. I went to town on my pork chimichanga. A nice change from chicken, I might add

  • Got to visit with friends I know and love but haven't seen in awhile.....

  • On my way to work saw one of my Head Start families-yay! Ashton S and his family were passing by. Yesterday I saw Briseida and family while we were both getting mail at the apt complex

  • Got a date for Saturday- dinner at Joe Morley's BBQ and salt lake symphony patriotic concert in the park. He's the nephew of one of my parents missionaries from 40 yrs ago. They had a mission reunion on Saturday and I told my Mom she could mention during introductions that I am single and looking. Well, she did! I gave my number to 3 people and i already have a date! Can't beat that! I'm pretty excited :)

  • Had a really fun at work making paper plate tulips, fruit loop necklaces and marble paintings. Plus, the kids did a great job with the clean up! The kids were really engaged-I think most find it hard to say "no" to glitter....

  • It was overcast so it made playing outside MUCH more pleasant

  • Admired my growing strawberries-I feel so successful when I look at them...... And grateful!

2 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love aliums! They're such a funny flower-- I think they're related to onions. Sounds like a wonderful Wednesday indeed. Does anything beat home-grown strawberries? Hmm, lemme think... Nope.

Marchelle said...

It's fun to read your simple joys! You're such an example! Here's something to laugh about: I was reading your blog and read "mom-granola" and wondered who that was and what that meant!! Maybe I need to find me a mom-granola!