Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tutor and Trainer Tuesday


  • Met with Savanna, my personal trainer today. Multiple push-ups are hard to do..... For now...... Worked on my abs and I liked learning new exercises, I got bored with Pilates....

  • Felt a bit sore afterwards but loved trying new things and being challenged!

  • Tutored my twin nephews. We did science experiments today-a lot of them included oil, water, food coloring. Or how a glass full of ice and water actually will not overflow because ice takes up more space than water. The favorite was making "plastic milk" microwaving milk and vinegar, separating into curds and whey, and the curds look, feel a bit like plastic

  • Watched cupcake wars and this was an especially fun because it had a Philipina contestant. She used some of my favorite ingredients that are typical to the Philippines. Avocado (I love avocado ice cream) and lychee (a small, red spiky fruit)

  • Got to exchange texts with my nieces Katie, who just got back from a school TSA competition in TX and Jessica, who is having a baby on Saturday!

  • Played with Lexi after I was done tutoring. She is an adorable 2 yr old chatterbox who can quote long sections of "tangled"

  • Planned out my monthly menu and did massive grocery shopping! Recipes for the month include: homemade mac & cheese, chicken with orange, potatoes, and butternut squash

  • Got dried fruit strips at Sunflower markets (my favorite checkout stand treat-indulgence)

No comments: