Sunday, October 5, 2008

Things that make me smile today.... 10/5

  • The cinnamon-y smell of my Mom's baked apples
  • Laughing with my roommate about how I missed the turn to the church and ended up in the subway parking lot
  • "Inventing" a new salad recipe
  • Re-reading Harry Potter 7
  • President Monson's talk- what more can I say about that???
  • Hearing/Singing the hymn, "How Firm a Foundation"
  • Finally, opening the jar of spaghetti sauce- five minutes later!
  • Smell of sauteed, home-grown zuchinni (my parents grew it- not me!)
  • Sound of a ceiling fan- ahhhh, relief!
  • Being able to wear my black platform boots- and not tripping in them!
  • Having access to my parent's junk food-anything with chocolate!
  • Having a good cry
  • Watching a rainstorm and then watching the sun come out!

2 comments:

Cher said...

i like this post. we have too many zuchinni's, too bad you don't live closer to me. you could sautee up some more!

Unknown said...

Can I Have your salad recipe? I'll trade you for my new recipes I got a snowbird?
Jenn