Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Smiles for Today 10/7/08

Another day of Smiles!!! President Monson's talk inspired me.....
As a sidenote- not every day is blissful, not every moment is one I want to smile about, but the growth that comes from challenging times- does make me want to smile!

  • Provided referrals to family for clothing and food
  • Class got out early
  • No students ran in the hall after outside time (they saved it for the classroom, but hey- it's progress!)
  • A phone call from my cousin
  • Chatting with a good friend on facebook
  • Getting my sandwich maker (mostly) free of dried food debris
  • Clean laundry
  • Finished more paperwork
  • 3 accidental phone calls from my mom (her phone was being weird- I eventually left class because I figured it was important... Here's our conversation:
Me to Mom: So, what's up?
Mom to me: Pause. Well, I just bought a bunch of daisies...
Me to Mom: So, is that why you called me 3 times? (I said it nicely!)

  • Watching my students use their breakfast bananas as telephones
  • The ploys of a 5 year to get a second bag of chips for lunch (when that was all he'd eaten) and then trying to convince his mom that he could take them home with him (since we are a federally funded program- no food goes home).
  • Hugs from children
  • Sunshine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like when you post the "smiles" posts. What a good thing to do. I think it's also a way to show your gratitude to God. Thanks for the good example.