Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Things to do this Summer....

Many of you have asked "what are you plans now?" So here goes....
Here's a sampling of what I have going on over the next 2 weeks, and throughout the summer:
  • "Little Crafters" arts and crafts camp. I'm doing an hour a week craft camp for 10 3-5 year olds and I am really excited about it! We're doing a variety of crafts: egg carton boats/trucks, paper plate tambourines, toilet paper tube rainsticks, etc. (As a sidenote, Salt Lake County Parks and Rec is letting me work off and on during the rest of the summer- a big thank you!!!)
  • Refereeing kids soccer games (again for Parks and Rec) I never would have thought that "Heather, referee and soccer" could go together in the same sentence, but I love it! I did bow out of umpiring baseball though.... I can see when a soccer ball is "out" but the difference between a strike and a ball??? Not so much! Plus, I've seen to many umpire fights on t.v.!
  • Playing Monopoly with nephew Carter, "the shark" I played with him today, landed in jail 3 times in a row, got accused of stealing money (because I gave him a 20.00 bill and took 2.00 back) and loved all of it!!!
  • Continue training for 5k in August (I'm hoping to do it in 25 minutes!)
  • Continue working on and finish Grandpa Morley's history
  • Work part-time at a day camp for kids with disabilities, we're going on a field trip to the pool on Thursday! Yeah!
  • Continue applying for jobs- the process has been started!
  • Celebrate dad's 70th birthday and family picture! I can't remember the last time we were all together- 4 years ago???
  • Read, play, laugh, learn, serve, cook, etc.

1 comment:

cherilyn said...

wow, good list. i love making lists, isn't it exciting how much we can do with our lives?