Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sometimes They Don't Work So Good......



Sometimes They Don't Work So Good.....
Here's some insight into times lately when my ears or mouth don't work so good.....

-One of my coworkers has a thick accent where the "z" sounds more like an "s" She was telling me about how one of her children had been on a field trip to the "zoo" but I heard it as "soup"  So here I am, picturing a bunch of kids in line at a soup kitchen, volunteering or learning about welfare or something. haha....

-The other day I called a place of business and asked if I could either talk to the individual or leave a message.  The receptionist said I could leave a message.  I paused, waiting for a beep/ring for voicemail.  The receptionist kindly asked me, "Do you still want to leave a message?"  I said, "Oh, sorry! I was waiting for a voicemail."  She said, "No, we do it live here." That one kept me chuckling for awhile.....

-Just today, talking my sister I said "I was going to ask you something" And she thought I said "I"m going to Afton, Wyoming." Nope.  Someday.....

5/24/12

No comments: