Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Room Full of Memories, Part 1

For my own journaling purposing sake here are the memories from this past year of teaching preschool........
  • "It's just SO hard to be good!"
  • A computer game that plays that same rock/guitar song over. And over. And over. Sometimes I would go over and change the game for them. Mean, I know but after ten minutes.......
  • Eating child-sized tv dinners with gems such as cabbage, white rice, brussel sprouts, meatballs and slabs of meat so big that they had to be cut. Perfect food for 3-5 year olds....
  • Parents who wanted us to call whenever their child needed a bandaid or an equally minor injury
  • Playing "robot" which was me chasing them around on the playground. Robot was their idea, not mine.....
  • "Teasho, teasho" Teacher, teacher
  • The child was began the year taking stuff home from school (toys, scissors, etc) One time he admired my earrings and he asked, "I bring them home? Give to my Mom?" Ummmmm..... NO!
  • Gifts on Christmas and Valentines Day- lots of lotions and candies/chocolates. Feel the love!
  • Babble, babble, babble..... "EVERYWHERE!!!!!" Never did figure out what the first part was supposed to be.....
  • Girls going to "bal-ette" (not prounouced like ballet) class and showing us what they learned, and singing "Ole, Ole" in the bathroom
  • A chld who wanted to gather up random art supplies like a full sheet of turquoise tissue paper "to give to my Dada!"
  • "You no gude" (good) YOU listen to ME!" Kind of like a mini-Reverend Al Sharpton!
  • "You just say blah, blah, blah, all de time." (said to me)

No comments: