Saturday, October 17, 2009

29 Things About Me

In honor of my 29th birthday- here are 29 things about me...... A mix of things you may have not known and things that I just really like about me!!!



1-I have never dyed or highlighted my hair. (I'm scheduled to get auburn highlights on Nov 5th-we'll see if I go through with it)

2-I have lived in Taiwan and the Philippines and have visited: Canada, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia. Still really want to visit: Mongolia, Hong Kong, and Switzerland

3-I love making people laugh

4-It's important to me for people to know that I care about them

5-I spend more money on sneakers than any other item of clothing


6-The first book I reccomend to people to read is: Letters for Emily

7-I love running because it requires less athletic skill to be able to do it!!!!

8-My favorite childhood book: Calico Cotton (probably out of print by now, it was an OLD book)

9-I have run 6 5ks, 2 10ks, 1 half marathon- and plan to do more!!!!

10-I love being an aunt to 28 nieces and nephews, 29 in December!!!!!

11-My dream job is a motivational speaker for teens with disabilities and their parents

12-I (tried) ballet for four years when I was younger. Loved it, but never made it past the beginning ballet class

13-I enjoy eating BBQ squid on a stick but detest jellyfish

14-My favorite movie is: Remember the Titans (I love most any movie based on a true story)

15-Diagnosed at 21 with having sustained a brain injury at birth

16-Have 28 journals

17-Completed life histories for 3 of my grandparents

18-Theme songs for my life? Two of them: Defying Gravity (Wicked) My Little Girl (Tim McGraw/Flicka)

19-Never ate sauce with my spaghetti until I was 12 years old

20-Played the violin and piano. Piano stuck (kind of) vilion didn't)

21- In my last year of grad school (For real!!!!!)

22-Have been in 2 car accidents (only was my fault)

23-Have yet have my own car (borrowed or bought)

24-See life optomistically

25-So grateful for my friends!!!!

26-Have dated several young men, have yet to become officially engaged or married

27-Love different colored pens (more fun to write in my journal that way)

28-Have a thing for stilettos and high wedge heels

29-When I was little, I was convinced that "bad guys" lived behind the hot water heaters in the basement and would grab me whenever I went down to the basement to get something. So..... after I retrieved the item from the basement, I would barrel up the steps (loudly) and sing "I am a Child of God (also loudly) to scare off any would-be "child grabbers"

And as a bonus......
30-Have started writing a book about my experiences of living with a disability, "The Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism" Hope to give it out at Christmas time-so if you don't want one, let me know!!!!

Love to all my family and friends!!!!!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hi Heather! I found your blog via your FB page - how fun!
I just wanted to comment...
Mongolia is great! When you go, make sure they feed you lots of lamb - yum. Switzerland is good, too - but not quite the adventure that Mongolia is!
I love 'Letters for Emily' too!
Believe it or not, there IS life after grad school - woo-hoo for only a year to go!

And another one to add...
We had good times in YW together! I always admired and appreciated how hard you played at basketball and volleyball. I know you've said sports aren't your thing... but persistence and stick-to-it-iveness certainly are!

Liz Merket said...

Happy late birthday! I loved reading your list. I can't believe you like squid on a stick and I think you are very brave for even trying jellyfish.