Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Book of Mormon Teachings Applied in Preschool Settings

There is a boy in my parents stake who also happens to be in my Head Start class. He's a lively child so on occasion I try to redirect him with comments such as, "What would Jesus do?" However, while telling him "sit like you sit in Sharing Time" has got him to stop kicking under the table, it has backfired in other situations....

A few days agao when he hit a friend, I asked him "what would Jesus do?" His response: "Jesus wouldn't do anything. He's up in heaven with all the old people waiting to be resurrected."

Today he and a friend were playing with plastic linking cubes, he wanted some of his friends cubes. Asked the friend, friend said no. Boy took them anyway. His explanation for his behavior? "It's just like when Nephi took the brass plates from Laban." (They say no, take it anyway) I don't know what my response was- I think I was too shocked to respond!

Another story, non-gospel related, but equally entertaining! We were making popcorn at circle time. I was doing everything wrong- putting in only one kernel, forgetting to put the lid on, putting the bowl in back of the popper instead of in front. It was fun and kept them engaged. But a boy appeared to have reached his "teacher entertainment quota" when he turned to his neighbor and said, "She doesn't know anything!!!"

It's moments like this that keep me going- I love my job!!!!

1 comment:

tiare said...

such funny stories!!!! thanks for sharing! SOOO glad you are back in the blogging world. i've missed your writing.