Monday, June 8, 2009

Hard Times and ImPerfection and Trust

This past week has been HARD. Not to mention emotional.......
You may already be aware of my looking for a roommmate (still looking, FYI) trying to clear my potential criminal background, etc then last week I was released from the RS presidency and called instead as the sacrament meeting chorister. I knew that a release was coming but I did not anticipate the chorister.

So, to sum it up I cried. At church on last Sunday (not yesterday). A lot. While I was leading the sacrament meeting singing. It wasn't one event just the breaking point for my emotional dam. Can I just that when you are crying that leading the music is NOT the place to be? Of course I think only a couple people were looking at me.....

That's the hard times, now for the imperfection. Going out on a limb here so bear with me..... Serving in this new calling is not easy for me- I am still trying to get my whole heart into it. I really miss working as part of a presidency- now basically going solo. I do enjoy music but I'm not necessarily passionate about it like many other members of my family. I don't aspire to improve my conducting skills- though I'm sure they could be improved.....

Yesterday was fast Sunday- I thought about gettign up but I felt somewhat guilty about getting up to bear my testimony and not having my complete heart in my calling. But then a dear sister got up and I don't even remember what she said, all I remember that she'd been having a hard time even in spite of the gospel and all that she had to be grateful for.

I have one thing to say about her message- liberating!!! Someone else had difficult feelings, it was comforting. Haven't you ever felt a thought like, "I thought I was the only who experienced/felt like that!" It was also a good reminder to me that I can be imperfect and yet be a fabulous individual!!!! Now, about trust? I had the distinct thought that much of the time, God isn't asking to take a life-changing step, he just asks us to Trust him. And I am grateful for opportunities that grow my trust.

I don't know all the reasons why God needs a music conductor, or especially why he needs me to do it, but I look forward to discovering why! Starting with a conducting session with my mom, who is a complete music professional. Yep, already got it scheduled.

To sum it up: It's Ok to cry, we all need each other, we all have hard times, we can be amazing people in spite of imperfections.

1 comment:

Cher said...

true, nobody is perfect. even those people who look like they have it all together and their lives are perfect. nope. everyone can always improve in some way. glad you're thinking positive. i like your blog.