Monday, June 15, 2009

I Love You Grandpa

In the hours after my Grandpa Morley's passing, I don't exactly know how to feel, or how to put it into words. But I do know 2 things: I know the Plan of Salvation and I know I love my Grandpa.
This is the kind of man he was:

He was a GOOD man. For him, it's not a trite cliche. It's a perfect description of how he lived his life.

He lived a long time, 94 years. What I think is one of the greatest blessings about that is that so many 30+ great-grandchildren (more than that but not including babies) got to really know him. They will be able to remember him in years to come. What a blessing!

He didn't just live a clean life, he took to heart "abhor the appearance of evil" Enough said about that.....

He loved the simple things in life: Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Root Beer Floats, breakfast at Denny's, visits with old friends, his garden, etc.

And finally, more than anyone else I know, he found true joy in being with his family. The only time he ever missed a wedding, school program, graduation, etc was when his health didn't allow him. And he loved each of us for simply for who we were.

I love you Grandpa- see you later!!!!

4 comments:

Tom said...

I remember going over to your Grandpa Morley's house. He is a good a man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cher said...

I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was amazing. We are lucky though to have the knowledge we have.

emo said...

A very nice tribute, Heather. Thank you.

Nay said...

What a week you have had- with Grandpa and now with Sadie returning to Heaven today. (Tiffany and Nick were in my home ward)We love you - Take care - Hugs to all-from all of us.