Monday, February 4, 2013

Magazine Monday


Magazine Monday was a good day. To back up, I spent most of Friday getting the new kitchen area in my classroom ready. I went to dollar tree and got various real, grown-up kitchen items such as measuring cups and spoons, spatulas, round cake pans, pizza pans, potato masher, funnels, etc. I brought in some cookbooks and old spice bottles from home. I was so excited for the kids to see it today-so happy and grateful about how it turned out. And they really did like it!

After work I went to M & D's house to drop off and pick up a few things. I had called earlier to make sure they were home. Got there, let myself I with my key and..... Nothing. I walked through the whole house, and couldn't see or hear them.  I checked the front yard and garage, I wasn't nervous as much as I was just confused! I did find them in the greenhouse, though.

I dropped off a check for the dry pack canning they did for me today but I got a lot in return!  2 cans of dried apples, and 2 each of retried beans & potato pearls (I don't love real mashed potatoes but I really love potato pearls!) I also got a stack of Mom's old magazines. (Hence the magazine monday title) Sunset, Better Homes and Gardens, ladies Home Journal, etc. really excited to explore those!

We also stopped by Deborah's to drop off her daypack canning. The kids were outside playing. Saige looked SO cute in her puffy pink & brown parka (that I would totally wear if it were in my size!), snow pants and pink hat with ear & chin flaps. Just her big blue eyes and rosy cheeks poking out.... Love her!

Then home to watch!biggest loser (I'm rooting for Danni) clean my kitchen and make my breakfast for tomorrow-an apple and peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, cooked in my sandwich maker. Mmmmmm..... Good.

No comments: