Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Something Money CAN'T Buy..... Pt. 1

What a day I had today! It came in extremes, from high to low.... Well, first I'll back up to yesterday.

The boy with autism that I take care of has a younger sister, 5, named Rebekah. I taught her in Head Start and she's wanting to play with me when I'm at her house so I thought I would give her some "alone girl time." I also invited my niece Sara, 5, to come spend the night, too. The morning was fun, but full, particularly getting the girls back home via bus and TRAX.


Then I was home for awhile, about an hour, before going to the dermatologist, follow-up for my acne. I was waiting for an hour (and for the record, I prefer being in the waiting room than in solitary white appointment room- next time I'm taking a magazine in with me!!!) . Towards the end of the hour I was practicing glares in the mirror. I did manage to be polite and respectful when the time came, though!!!!


However, when the appointment was over I was feeling mad again- 3 new medications that cost money, bringing the total to 7 meds. Which maybe wouldn't matter as much if I wasn't paying extra rent and saving for school. As I said to my mom (and God bless her for waiting for me during my appt), "I don't WANT to buy more medications- I want to buy an Ipod!!!!"

But it was hard to stay mad for long, though because the next stop was one of my all-time favorite places... Sunflower Market!!! It's esp good to go there on Wednesday's because it's "Double Ad Wednesday" Again muchas gracias to my mom who took me grocery shopping because I can get a lot more groceries home in my mom's car than I can carrying them on my own........

Stay tuned for part 2......

1 comment:

Brian Litster said...

It is always good to have a book or something at all times,I have learned-Brian Litster