Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moab Pics






Here are some pictures from my recent trip to Moab. The main purpose for the trip was to participate in the 10k, but no race pictures... sorry. I really did finish though! With a time of 1:10. I don't know how good that is, and I don't really care.... but 1:10 was my goal so I happy with my time and know that next time I will do even better!

We got to Moab Friday early afternoon and went on a few hikes, and then after the 10k on Saturday morning, we wanted to see Delicate Arch before leaving. So after some showering and freshening up, we hiked another 3+ miles, followed by 4+ hours in the car. Lovely.... But thankfully doable!


So now I have finished my first 10k! Half-marathon next? We'll see......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will this work for you?

tiare said...

at a girl!...and yes, you should do a half marathon. you've already done half of a half marathon!!! my recommendation is the salt lake city half marathon. it's THE BEST COURSE!!!! i'm running it again this next spring.
visit the website.
http://www.saltlakecitymarathon.com/
really the finish line is the best part. ask marchelle, she came and cheered me on last year. it's exhilarating!!!!!!
(and i have a manageable training program)

Anonymous said...

Or, there is the Top of Utah half-marathon. I ran half of it last year. It was great! You start in the canyon and most of the route is downhill. :) I plan to do it again next year, and if you decide to come up for it, you can stay with me.

cherilyn said...

good job! you're so motivated. love it.