Sunday, November 16, 2008

Recent Accomplishments

Indulge me for a minute in talking about myself.......
Here are some of my recent accomplishments:
  • I had a several-hour long work training on Friday and managed to stay awake for all of it! That rarely happens, trust me. Of course it helped that we all got up and walked outside in the middle of the training- due to a random fire alarm!
  • Went for a walk in the neighborhood during our lunch break- got temporarily lost but managed to find my way back
  • At our ward Relief Society Retreat, I was not the 1st one asleep! I think I was the fifth.... OK, so in the grand scheme of things does it really matter when you fall asleep? Still, it was nice to see how far I have come "sound asleep before midnight sleepovers" and was spared waking up in the morning and hearing, "Oh, darn! You/I missed it!"
  • Did not come in last at the Litster family speed scrabble game. It does not matter that I was 2nd to last, the important thing is that I wasn't last.... We were discussing family competitiveness and I think I am definitely on the lower end, I like winning, I especially like BYU winning, but mainly I think "I'm" just in it for the fun. (Correct me if I am wrong, dear sisters) Or perhaps the food.....
  • And, the crowning glory..... I have started regular exercise again!!!! By regular, I mean more than 2 days a week. This has been goal I have been trying to get off the ground for sometime- since August, I think. There is a small gym at my apt complex that I assumed I could use, but as I going to sleep last Sunday the thought occurred to me:
"Self, if that gym really were motivating to you, you would go there more than 1-2 days a week. Perhaps you should find a new medium."
Thankfully, my work is close to the river parkway trail, so I still go into work early but I use the time to explore the parkway trail before work. This week I managed to go 5 days in a row- and it feels incredible! For me, I think exercise brings me more respect to yourself- you know that you are trying to take care of yourself and that you are worth it!!!!
I am scheduled to run my first 10k in Moab, december 6th, but now feel much more at ease about it.....
  • Lastly, the first in my family to update my blog! Jenn, is there any kind of prize/special recognition for that? Or just the satisfaction that we/girls beat our brother to it? OK- I didn't say I was 0% competitive.....

1 comment:

Cher said...

nice work on exercising! i have a hard time motivating myself too. it definitely helps to either do it with someone who is dedicated, or doing something that is really fun for you.